Eating For Your Cycle – 4 Part Series: Session 1 – Nutrition and Recipes For The Menstrual Phase
with Madeline MacKinnon
Wednesday April 26, 2017
06:30pm – 08:30pm
Join Madeline MacKinnon, certified nutritionist and founder of Natural Hormone Healing, to learn a new way to care for your body and eat for each stage of your menstrual cycle.
Did you know that in each phase your brain chemistry and hormone levels fluctuate and that your body requires different nutrients to build and eliminate hormones?
Each weekly session of the series will focus on a different phase of the menstrual cycle. You will sample whole food recipes made by Madeline designed to support your body in balancing hormones, increasing fertility, preventing PMS, cramping and heavy menstrual flow.
You will also learn:
- How to chart your cycle to track your fertility, uncover any underlying hormone imbalances and develop a deeper awareness of the inner workings of your body.
- How you can utilize your cycle as a time management tool for creative projects to get more done with less stress each month.
- How the Traditional Chinese Medicine 5 Element Theory can be applied to each phase of the cycle to harmonize the body.
- Herbs and teas that are best for each phase of the cycle to help increase fertility, relieve cramps and eliminate PMS symptoms.
- What an ideal cycle looks like and why a balanced cycle is so important for your current health and future disease risks.
Session One: Nutrition and Recipes For The Menstrual Phase
You will learn how to revitalize the body with nutrient rich and blood building soups, stews and teas. Learn the best foods to eat during the menstrual phase to prevent painful cramping and keep your energy up.
- Superfood paleo plantain pancakes
- Black rice breakfast congee
- Warm beet and seaweed salad
- Nourishing clam chowder
- Blood building herbal infusions and more
Who Is This Class Series Perfect For?
- Any menstruating women (teenage to perimenopause) who want to learn nutritional strategies and health promoting recipes.
- Women who need help balancing their hormones and detoxing after coming off the pill.
- Women who want to prepare their bodies for conception or who are having problems conceiving.
- Women experiencing PMS symptoms, irregular or heavy periods, anovulation, endometriosis, PCOS, cysts or painful periods.
- Health practitioners interested in women’s health and nutrition.
* * *
*CLASSES & EVENTS RETURN POLICY*