Join Madeline MacKinnon, certified nutritionist and founder of Natural Hormone Healing, to learn a new way to care for your body and eat for each stage of your menstrual cycle.
Did you know that in each phase your brain chemistry and hormone levels fluctuate and that your body requires different nutrients to build and eliminate hormones?
Each weekly session of the series will focus on a different phase of the menstrual cycle. You will sample whole food recipes made by Madeline designed to support your body in balancing hormones, increasing fertility, preventing PMS, cramping and heavy menstrual flow.
You will also learn:
- How to chart your cycle to track your fertility, uncover any underlying hormone imbalances and develop a deeper awareness of the inner workings of your body.
- How you can utilize your cycle as a time management tool for creative projects to get more done with less stress each month.
- How the Traditional Chinese Medicine 5 Element Theory can be applied to each phase of the cycle to harmonize the body.
- Herbs and teas that are best for each phase of the cycle to help increase fertility, relieve cramps and eliminate PMS symptoms.
- What an ideal cycle looks like and why a balanced cycle is so important for your current health and future disease risks.
Who Is This Class Series Perfect For?
- Any menstruating women (teenage to perimenopause) who want to learn nutritional strategies and health promoting recipes.
- Women who need help balancing their hormones and detoxing after coming off the pill.
- Women who want to prepare their bodies for conception or who are having problems conceiving.
- Women experiencing PMS symptoms, irregular or heavy periods, anovulation, endometriosis, PCOS, cysts or painful periods.
- Health practitioners interested in women’s health and nutrition.
Session One: Nutrition and Recipes For The Menstrual Phase
You will learn how to revitalize the body with nutrient rich and blood building soups, stews and teas. Learn the best foods to eat during the menstrual phase to prevent painful cramping and keep your energy up.
- Superfood paleo plantain pancakes
- Black rice breakfast congee
- Warm beet and seaweed salad
- Nourishing clam chowder
- Blood building herbal infusions and more
Session Two: Nutrition and Recipes For The Follicular Phase
In this phase, estrogen and follicle stimulating hormone start to rise and the body starts to prepare to release an egg. You will learn how to get the right nutrition to improve ovulation quality.
- Super antioxidant acai breakfast bowl
- Mediterranean lentil salad with pomegranate dressing
- Chocolate aphrodisiac fudge and more
Session Three: Nutrition and Recipes For The Ovulatory Phase
Learn what food to eat and recipes to make for the ovulatory phase of the cycle. Learn what to eat to increase sex drive, chances of conception and how to detox excess estrogen to reduce PMS and heavy periods later in the month.
- Fig and bee pollen dessert salad
- Collard wraps with golden tahini dipping sauce
- Estrogen detox salad
- Roasted root vegetables with avocado aioli (egg free)
Session Four: Nutrition and Recipes For The Luteal Phase
What foods to eat to optimize progesterone levels, reduce bloating and water retention, balance moods, prevent anxiety and other common PMS symptoms.
- Kale caesar salad with chickpea croutons
- Beet hummus
- North African roasted beet and carrot salad
- Roasted acorn squash with ground turkey stuffing
- Frittata with leafy greens and roast yams
- PMS support tea