Foraging for the Balm of Gilead: A Wild Medicinal Plant Walk
with Denis Manzer
Re-Scheduled to Sunday April 22nd, 2018
11:00 am – 3:00 pm
Register Online or Call 403-453-1343
Join us for a field-day of foraging for one of the most powerful medicinal substances in our landscape: The sticky resin-covered buds of the Poplar tree found and harvested only during the Spring time. This is known as “The Balm of Gilead” which we will make into a powerful and healing salve.
You will learn:
- The identification of the plant species that provides the resin
- Sustainable harvesting techniques to guarantee the survival of the plant species
- In-depth information related to the healing properties of this powerful plant
- How-to easily craft your own healing salve w/ Beeswax, Olive Oil & The Poplar Buds
Logistics of the day will be to meet at The Light Cellar at 10 AM sharp where we will be organizing a car-pool to take everyone out to the location. Location is to be determined and if you are registered you have the option of meeting out there. Walk will begin at 11 AM and will conclude by 3 pm.
We will aim to be back at Light Cellar by 4 PM
Be sure to bring:
- Lunch & Snacks
- Basket For Gathering Plants
- Weather-appropriate Clothing
- Your appetite for wild food and medicine knowledge!
* * *
*CLASSES & EVENTS RETURN POLICY*