This creamy, rose infused tonic is delicious and is full of beautifying herbs and superfoods.
Pearl powder (yes, actually crushed up pearls) has been used in the chinese orient for thousands of years as a beauty tonic. It contains the powerful anti-aging antioxidant, SOD that will help to smooth wrinkles and heal blemishes.
Schizandra berry, known as the five flavour fruit, is used in chinese tonic herbalism to bring moisture and a glow to the skin, a brightness to the eyes, a sharper mind, and energized body. It is believed that consuming schizandra for 100 days straight will change your life.
The collagen peptides provide you with the building blocks to support optimal collagen production in your skin and joints and when added to the elixir it will turn this elixir into a meal or snack with a perfect balance of fats, proteins and carbs.
This recipe will make one 400ml serving and is best blended fresh with warm tea.
Schizandra Rose Beauty Latte
- 1.5 cup cups warm three sisters tea or schizandra tea
- 1 Tbsp coconut butter or coconut oil (or sub 2 tsp grass fed ghee)
- ½ tsp schizandra extract powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla powder or extract
- 1 Tbsp lucuma powder
- 1 Tbsp rose water or hydrosol (food grade)
- ½ tsp pearl powder (jing herbs)
- 2 Scoops collagen peptide protein powder
- 2 drops omica vanilla stevia
- OR 1 tsp raw honey to taste
- Pinch of high quality sea salt
Simply blend all the ingredients for 20 seconds until frothy and enjoy!
Madeline MacKinnon is the founder of Natural Hormone Healing. Her passion is to help women from around the world balance their hormones naturally for optimal fertility, balanced moods, more energy and effortless weight loss. You can connect with her at www.naturalhormonehealing.com.
Photo by Sarah Steffens of Savour and Fancy who a personal chef and recipe creator based in Los Angeles, California.