Wonder Foods of the New World Series – Chia: Lost Crop Of The Aztecs
With Denis Manzer
Friday April 21, 2017
06:30pm – 08:30pm
Wonderfoods Of The New World Series: An Exploration of the Lost Crops of the Americas
In this 6 part series you will go on a journey exploring the staple foods of the civilizations of the Americas.
These foods were vital for the flourishing and sustenance of the Aztec, Mayan & Inca peoples. The vibrant societies that peopled the Americas reached heights of sophistication that still leave us in wonderment in our modern age. The secrets to their genius will be discovered when we observe the foods that nourished them.
You too can learn how you to use and benefit from these wonderfoods in your daily life.
By attending one or all 6 classesin this series you will gain an in-depth perspective on:
- The wondrous nutritional and medicinal properties of featured foods
- The lore and legends that surround them
- As well as many traditional recipes for the preparation of these foods that maximize their nutritional powers.
CHIA: Seed Food For Endurance
The fame of this seed has been brought to the attention of the modern world thanks to athletes who have embraced Chia as an elite food to fuel top performance in endurance sports. But long before this, chia was an important staple crop of the Aztec civilization in Mexico & of Native Americans peoples wherever it grew. Discover chia for yourself, and experience its nourishing and energzing benefits and versatile uses.
- Chia Fresca : A refreshing hydrating beverage
- Chia Porridge: A savoury high nutrient dense meal
- Chia Crackers: The usefulness of chia in breads in flour form
* * *
*CLASSES & EVENTS RETURN POLICY*