Wonder Foods of the New World Series – Mesquite: Blood Sugar Saviour
With Denis Manzer
Friday April 28, 2017
06:30pm – 08:30pm
Register Online or Call 403 453 1343
Wonderfoods Of The New World Series: An Exploration of the Lost Crops of the Americas
In this 6 part series you will go on a journey exploring the staple foods of the civilizations of the Americas.
These foods were vital for the flourishing and sustenance of the Aztec, Mayan & Inca peoples. The vibrant societies that peopled the Americas reached heights of sophistication that still leave us in wonderment in our modern age. The secrets to their genius will be discovered when we observe the foods that nourished them.
You too can learn how you to use and benefit from these wonderfoods in your daily life.
By attending one or all 6 classesin this series you will gain an in-depth perspective on:
- The wondrous nutritional and medicinal properties of featured foods
- The lore and legends that surround them
- As well as many traditional recipes for the preparation of these foods that maximize their nutritional powers.
MESQUITE: Blood Sugar Saviour
Mesquite is a food crop of the desert regions of the Americas. The mesquite tree is revered as the “Tree of Life” by Native Americans, as it provides a key source of sustenance in the inhospitable environments in which it grows.
The mesquite bean provides a sweetness that is capable of making any dish delicious and has noted benefits for balancing blood sugar as well as providing a high-value protein source.
Discover mesquite for yourself, and experience its delicous flavour, nourishing properties and varied uses.
- Mesquite Tea: A very easy drink for a quick boost to balance blood sugars
- Mesquite Porridge: A versatile power breakfast
- Mesquite Flour Pancakes: Yummy!
- Mesquite Spice Seasoning: Bring authentic South-Western flavour to any dish
Register now for Wonder Foods of the New World Series – Mesquite: Blood Sugar Saviour!
* * *
*CLASSES & EVENTS RETURN POLICY*